What to stock the aquarium with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apinkmanatee

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm still deciding on which fish to put in my tank...what do you think of this list?

red flame hawkfish
strawberry dottyback
clownfish (2)
blue green chromis (5)
coral beauty angel
yellow clown goby

My tank is 65 gal and I'm a beginner. Is that a good list and what order would you introduce them to the tank? I was also considering a dot dash butterflyfish and a red velvet wrasse or carpenter flasher wrasse or McCoskers flasher wrasse, but I know I don't have enough space. Would one of those be better than any that are in my list? Thanks in advance!!

Not sure about the chromis, but the rest of the list looks fine. You could also fit in a smaller wrasse like the carpenter or mccosker's that you mentioned. Just be sure to take it slowly, especially with saltwater. Add one or two fish at a time and see how it goes.

--Adeeb

adeebm said:
Not sure about the chromis, but the rest of the list looks fine. You could also fit in a smaller wrasse like the carpenter or mccosker's that you mentioned. Just be sure to take it slowly, especially with saltwater. Add one or two fish at a time and see how it goes.

--Adeeb

Yeah take it slow add one at a time
Like on fish then wait a week then another and I'm not familiar with all the fish on your list but add least agressive--->most agressive like the chromis would be one of the first if u got it and then one of the last might be the angel but I'm not sure.. You should do some research.. And by research I mean I like doing an hour of research per fish but that's extreme... atleast check 4-5 sights about each fish!!

I'd suggest a smaller wrasse, a 6 line is always a favorite but I believe that that an 8 line could be housed in your tank, and I am really happy with my chalk bass....so a bass/basslet might be a good choice for you. Royal Gammas are a good choice.

Thanks for your input guys. I will definitely take it very slowly. And don't worry I am doing a lot of research. I like to do research and then come on the forum and ask questions to get a variety of opinions and make sure there is a general consensus, since sometimes different sources will have conflicting info. I just want to make absolutely sure I'm not going to do something wrong. Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom