What type of anemone is this? :S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2pac.biggie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello i just got anemone from my local LFS and he just said its an anemone :S i wanted to know what type of anemone it is and also how i can get my clownfish to host it :)

Attachments

• image-390007166.jpg
    image-390007166.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1308765112.jpg
    image-1308765112.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 131
Here the more pics of it lol i moved my anemone to where the clown sleep which is at the top left hand corner but my anemone just moves across to the same place on the pic lol iv been told if i put pictures of clowns and anemone around the tank itl help :S just need some advise in this :)

Attachments

• image-4058763283.jpg
    image-4058763283.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3080438213.jpg
    image-3080438213.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 122
Im going to say Condylactis gigantea sp. otherwise known as a Condy or Haitian Anemone.

That looks like a condylactis anemone to me, which may not host a clown. If your clowns are tank bred, they may not know how to host and I have read about some people having success using a picture as you said. In the end, the fish are going to do what they want to.

As stated clowns hosting condy's do not happen very often. They are not natural hosts to clowns as condies are a Caribbean species and clowns being indo-pacific.

Thank you for your reply iv just googled condy and ye its a condy lol and im going to try host the clown to the anenome if it doesnt work then owell il let them do whatever they want lol

Condy Is likely to eat your clown if he tries to host it as well

Really? Why is he going to eat my clown for? I thought theyl get along

The only way your anemone will eat your clown is if your clown is sick and and almost dead and can barely move.

I've had personal luck with clowns immediately hosting a bubble tip anemone.

Oh thats ok i thought itl eat even if its ok lol whats the easyest anenome to look after thatl host my clown?

Sorry but im new to marine keeping lol i just wanted 2 nice clowns that goes in and out anenome cause iv just got a 65litre tank

Yep BTA's make great host nems and they are also one of the easier nems to care for.

What type of lighting would i need and etc cause iv just got a 2 T8 lighting 1 is blue and 1 is white on my nano tank

Your current light wont support an anemone, not even the one you have now. I would suggest at least a 4 bulb t5

Oh ok cool il get a new bulb for my lighting. I need a new 1 anyways :)

You don't need a new bulb.. you need a new fixture lol. Unless that is what you meant!

If you search up bubble tip anemone on google images you'll see hundreds of pics.

This is my lighting at the moment. I got it with the tank i dont no how long the last owner had this light for because its a 2nd hand tank so im gettin the same one again

Attachments

• image-3723155674.jpg
    image-3723155674.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom