What would it take to make this a reality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I live in Daytona Beach, shark bite capital of the world. Went fishing this morning and caught a mess of baby hammerhead and bonnet head sharks. So my questions is... How hard would it be to turn a good sized kiddy/above ground pool into a shark tank? I mean all I would need is some sand, circulation, and water. its the middle of summer right now so I think the sun would be enough heat. it wouldnt be a long term thing, maybe just a month or so to say i've done it. I could just catch baby sharks out of the river/inlet and throw them into my "tank" lol. Is this something that I can actually do?

I personally dont think you should or that it will work. They need a large area to swim in and even though the heat might be OK now it wont be this winter. I personally dont think it`s a good idea. JMO

I don't think its a good idea either. What would you do with them after a month or so? You shouldn't return them to the ocean afterwards.

as freakin cool as it sounds, I have to agree. I don't think they would ever be able to be released back into the wild.

God that would be tempting though.

What's the point. In your case you are equiped for the shark. A kiddy pool just won't work.IMO
What's the sheesh all about?????

haha im just kidding. but seriously who hasn't wanted a shark tank at some point. It would just be sweet. I realize it is a horrible idea and it wouldnt work, but cmon, they are sharks.

Before you even begin to consider that you better check with your area's fish and wildlife laws and regs about keeping fish you catch.

Ya it was just an idea. I've always been into sharks and wanted some but don't like the traditional cat sharks that everyone has. Guess my idea was a flop lol. That's for the advice.

Ya it was just an idea. I've always been into sharks and wanted some but don't like the traditional cat sharks that everyone has. Guess my idea was a flop lol. That's for the advice.

At least you were reasonalbe to take everybodys advice and not do it. Thats good (y)
I hope you are not into lions or gorillas too. ;)

At least you were reasonalbe to take everybodys advice and not do it. Thats good (y)
I hope you are not into lions or gorillas too. ;)

Lol I'd be a fool not to listen to you guys. I had a bobcat for a few years. Lol boy that was hard explaining to the neighbors.

i want sharks with friken lasers or pit bulls with a mouth full of bees. sea world has a hard time keeping sharks so i dont think a baby pool will cut it

Maybe you should just build a huge 1000G pond/tank and keep some sharks... might be even cheaper than trying to keep them alive in an outdoor above ground pool.

Back
Top Bottom