What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Digger

Aquarium Advice Regular
... if you had a 125gal FOWLER tank to stock with money not being a significant option (just not outrageous), how would you stock it?

These fish aren't all compatible, just ideas :)
I'd get a:
-filefish
-Midas Blenny
- a wrasse or 2 types if they are compatible (like male bird wrasse, christmas wrasse, or hoeven's wrasse)
-snowflake eel
-Angler fish
-purple tang or other maybe smaller tang like tomini..125 is pretty small for some tangs :/
-lionfish
-flame dwarf angel

Lionfish (volitan, radiata, fu manchu, etc)
Harlequin tusk (aussie variant, not the indian ocean)
Wartskin anglers
Box or cowfish
Tangs (sailfin, desjardini, chevron, etc)
Puffers (valentini, blue spot, etc)
Triggers ( niger, assassi, picasso, blue throat)
Eel (snowflake, skeletor, yellow canary)
Wrasse ( bird wrasse, green kelp)

Im by no means suggesting all of these, and there are incompatable ones on the list, but theres some more ideas

Defo would have Picasso trigger!, some sort of butterfly, fox face, porcupine puffer, kole or powder brown tang maybe some sort of schooling fish like chromis or cardinal fish would be cool

Let me rephrase what I wanted this thread to be.

Great suggestions on some of the selections, but what I'm looking for is a theoretical stocking list that you would have in a fully populated FOWLER tank. The list should be able to work taking into account different needs (feeding, water parameters, conpatibility, etc.) of all the inhabitants of said tank.

I am just curious as to everyone's taste and style, ie community tank, aggressive, semi-aggressive, schooling, loners, active swimmers, color combos/schemes, etc.

Thanks for your replies!

I'm planning on starting a 125g FOWLR within the next year, so I already have a wish list ready. :) The ones with * are being moved from my 30g into this tank, so I already have them.

Half black dwarf angel*
Orange striped cardinal*
Yellow headed jawfish*
Firefish*
1 oscellaris clown* (might get a mate after the move)
Chalk bass*
Foxface
Meyers butterflyfish
Yellow eye kole tang
Maybe a batfish

There might be more, but that's all I have so far. :)

Assuming I had none of these fish in another tank:

Powder blue tang
Yellow tang
Fuzzy dwarf lion
Banana moray
Niger trigger
Bicolor angelfish

- Regal Angelfish

- Eibli or Half Black Dwarf Angel

- male Blue Jaw Trigger

- some kind of Tang (powder Blue, Purple)

- Green Bird Wrasse

- Harlequin Tusk

- maybe a Flame or Spotted Hawk

Some very nice and interesting lists.

Hey Beengirl! Aren't those Jawfish a hoot to watch.
I used to have two of them in a 58 Show tank and they would steal each others rocks for their burrows. They were real sneeky about it too! I could watch them for hours.

Some very nice and interesting lists.

Hey Beengirl! Aren't those Jawfish a hoot to watch.
I used to have two of them in a 58 Show tank and they would steal each others rocks for their burrows. They were real sneeky about it too! I could watch them for hours.

LOVE my jawfish!!! So funny. She stacks those rocks and even has a big astrea shell in the pile!! Wish I had seen her pick that one up, but I missed it!! :( She lives in a burrow with my Firefish, but the Firefish had to make a separate entrance cuz the jawfish never leaves that entrance. :) lol.

black volitan or radiata lionfish
aussie harlequin tusk
niger trigger
picasso trigger
2 clowns
engineer or tiger wardi goby
achilles or blonde naso tang

My dream for your FOWLR

CUC, first and foremost, most of them come from your live rock anyway, but a couple peppermint shrimp, a cleaner shrimp, green hermit crabs. A couple sifter stars, coraline snails, watchman goby, wrasses, valentino puffer, chocolate chip star, maybe try to start some coraline macro algae. I'm a fan of inverts incase you couldn't tell, and puffers. :rolleyes::fish2::fish1:(y)

I'm a sucker for a wishlist thread.

I'd go (and in the following order of introduction to the tank)

Majestic Angel
Foxface Rabitfish
Midas Blenny
Tinkeri Butterfly
Mystery Wrasse
Chevron Tang

assuming this is a 6 foot long tank

Back
Top Bottom