Whats Good For A 10 Gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty much, I'd only use the sponge if you plan on cleaning it out at least weekly.

You use a hob filter for the debris that floats around pretty much, unless you run carbon then you have a place to put it. But yes, the water circulates around the live rock and the organics and debris is "filtered" or broken down. Very cool if you ask me. :)

Ok that's pretty cool but I think I'll use the sponge filter for extra cleaning and I don't mind cleaning it out once a week no biggy

You don't need to get live sand, but get sand meant for saltwater.
The best in my opinion is Aragonite sand. It has PH buffering qualities.

It is something you'll buy once, and since it is only a 10G tank....
Ask around you don't want to have to swap out sand or any substrate once the tank is going, its a real pain. Thankfully I've never had to do it.

Ugh SW is sooo expensive but ok it sounds like a deal I can use it for another tank in case I upgrade to a bigger one

well that's not really true either. If you have sand setup in a running SW tank for a couple years even waste gets trapped inthe lower sand. So if you mix it up by removing it, you can release toxins that you wouldn't want in your new tank. There are methods of cleaning the sand in between transfer, but for that little of sand, I don't know if it is worth the trouble. Not trying to be a pain, just telling you how it is. I just worry that you don't have the cash for the sand for a 10G SW tank, and that is just a minor spendage in the long run.

Oh well that's fine i wont be able to upgrade any time soon and since a ten gain is harder to take care it will just make a larger tank for me in the future that much easier to take care of.:) thanks for yalls advice:)

Back
Top Bottom