Whats the best way to stick live rock together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Whats the best way to stick live rock together?

I am just wondering if it is best to use silicon, or two part epoxy.I have used the two part epoxy before but after about two weeks when i move something the epoxy seems to break off one of the surfaces. Ihave used the Aqua Medic stuff.

Would silicon work?

Andrew

I dont glue my rock at all. I just kind of situate the rock so it interlockes with eachother at the same time providing room for fish/water to flow in and around it.

Silicone will work...I usually use the epoxy though. You have to really get it crammed into the holes and crevices in the rock to get it to hold. You can also drill the rock and use plastic ties on it.

cool thanx guys, as they are samll pieces of rock, eg like rubble, i think i will have another go with the epoxy.

some of my rock is small to like baseball sized and I tried the aquastick epoxy. Worked on some pieces but most of it just fell apart. I don't think the rock was clean enough for it to bond right?

yeah from what i have read it is good to heat it up for 10 sec in a micowave and then kneed it together,and then when puttting it onto the rocks you should twist it on to get a good contact.

Back
Top Bottom