when is will my tank be ready for a clam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan G.

Aquarium Advice Freak
just wondering when i can add a clam? i set my tank up about 2 months ago and have about 40lbs live rock now and plan on adding about 60 more in my 75g tank. also i have a 4x96w PC's retrofit from ashupply.com and plan on trying out the lunar tracker from www.thelebos.com also.

Jonathan,
Before I added clams to my tank I did a lot of reading on them. I have found that most people raising clams are using MH. I am assuming that your tank is 24" deep and that would usually require 250w MH. I have heard of people using PC's for clams but end up having to move them higher in the tank because they require such intense lighting. I would do some more research before adding clams. Of course thats my opinion, I could be wrong :D

I have a large maxima clam in my 72gal reef. It sits on the LS with 4x65 PC lighting. I have had it for almost a year now and it is doing great. I just lost my Crocea to some type of worm infestation. It was also kept under CF lighting. Unless you have MH, I would stay wasy from the super-colored clams, but CF has been working great for me.

Back
Top Bottom