Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

When to put more fish in?

Alright so now that my refugium is up and running, when do you think I can start to add more fish? I mean it's got plenty of live rock in it and the tank has been running for almost 2 years with just one fish in it (which is because that darn wrasse doesn't want anything else in his territory)

First off, should I wait a while longer to add fish? I've only had most of the rock for a couple weeks so should I wait a bit longer?

As I've mentioned before countless times I do want an emporer angelfish, would it be alright to put one of those bad boys in right now? I've heard they require quite established live rock to snack on. It looks like I'm gonna have to order one online most likely because most of the LFS around here either won't order them or are such a terrible fish store I wouldn't trust them.

Steve

Old 08-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratmaster View Post
First off, should I wait a while longer to add fish? I've only had most of the rock for a couple weeks so should I wait a bit longer?
What are your water test showing. Any ammonia or nitrites? If it was going to spike I would think in a few weeks it would have started by now.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Na no ammonia what's so ever and the nitrite actually has gone back down to 0. I think the rock has finally been completely cured and since I have the refugium on there instead of that wet/dry my tank just appears over all better.

Did a 25% water change tonight so I'm thinking I might be ready very soon for the Emp angel!
And next time I'll be sure to quarentee the rock first before adding it directly into my tank.
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com