Where can I get nice live rock and or sand in Toronto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cafe Jeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Folks,
It's time for the live rock to go in.
I would rather not order from the US as I am concerned there could be a dangerous delay at customs. One of my local stores does have live rock but it is an undistinguished brown.
Anyone know where I might buy some good stuff? Jeff

Was that at Big Al's? I found the Fiji LR at Big Als in Ottawa here was really lame. Just brown rock like you describe with lots of Api. I'm sure in Toronto there are a pile of good LFSs but if you ever make the drive to Ottawa you can find some really great stuff from Marinescape which is on Carling Ave. They have Fiji, Tonga and "Indo" for the same price as Big Als...in fact until recently Big Als used to charge twice as much!

-Ron

I was very satisfied with the rock I got from Liverocks.com. While customs wanted to inspect the shipment, they only delayed things by less than 1 hour. My real problems were DHL. Certainly, LR.com knows how to ship to Canada.

Basically, as soon as customs says they want to look at it, DHL will delay the shipment for 24 hours. In that case, you have to go to the DHL facility and pick it up yourself as soon as it clears.

That's worst case scenario. Also, Toronto is a lot closer to Florida than Vancouver...you'll get your rock delivered faster than I did.

Check my gallery for photos.

Yep. That was the stuff and that was the place.
It looks like expensive Dino-pooh.
Jeff
With regard to liverocks.com, that definitely seems the place to go. Unfortunately, I have so much hassle importing stuff to Canada with customs, brokerage fees and what not, not only making things expenive, but worse, time consuming.
Will write Liverocks and see what they have to say. Alas, it's just going to be a small order unless someone in the GTA wants to split one with me.

Anyone?
Anyone?
Going to see if I can source some decent live rock in Toronto this week.
Where else should I try? Jeff

Back
Top Bottom