Where could he be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
A week ago a doctor i work with gave me a huge maroon clown fish. I already had 2 maroons in the tank. They were mated. When i added the new clown the smaller of the 2 clowns went and hid in the rock i have. I saw him last night in the corner swimming around. But, this morning i cant find him. Do you think he is still hiding, Or something more sinister happen to him. Short of tearing the tank apart and stirring up stuff just to find him alive and hiding. i have about 130 lbs or rock a little to much to move about. Any thoughts?

NeoCatsy

Well i found him

After looking some more. i found him at the very top of the tank. he is pretty beaten up. his fins are all chewed up, so i caught him and put him in the QT tank. I hope that doesn't kill him. He is so cute. I hate to be the reason for his demise. The water para in the Qt are not ideal but i didn't know what to do.

Clowns usually don't do well in a group of 3 and maroons are a bit extra fiesty IME. Good luck with the little guy!

So what should i do, get on more idk what to do

I thought clowns did best in mated pairs, maybe you should look for a mate for the third one. hope he gets better :( poor lil guy

if i put 4 in the tank will that cause more problems?

Yes. You'll likely need to rehome the odd one out.

Guess ill have to turn the Qt into another tank. is a HOB filter ok for a 20 gal tank, need to get a heater and i guess re cycle with sand and stuff.

The third maroon clown in a 70 gallon tank was the problem. You`ll have to find a new home for the beat up guy. Whether you do another tank or trade him back to your LFS he needs to be out soon.

Thats what i thought i hope him going in the QT wont hurt him

Thats what i thought i hope him going in the QT wont hurt him

The way you are typing has me concerned about the QT.
Is the QT cycled? What are the parameters in there?
Keep a close eye out on all the parameters and make sure they are all in check.. 0-ammonia, 0-nitrite, good temp good salinity level. Otherwise it will be an unfortunate outcome :drain:

The amm 0, nitrit 0 nitrate 40-80. salinity 1.025, 74-76 f, 7.8 ph its just i havnt had anything in the tank in a few months, ive been trating it like my big tank adding flakes every day wekly changes, im just a paraniod mom, i guess. he is so cute

The amm 0, nitrit 0 nitrate 40-80. salinity 1.025, 74-76 f, 7.8 ph its just i havnt had anything in the tank in a few months, ive been trating it like my big tank adding flakes every day wekly changes, im just a paraniod mom, i guess. he is so cute

It sounds to me that you have him in a better environment now.

I sure hope so, i named him fishy friend, til i come up with a name after 1 year u'd think i would have named him.

Back
Top Bottom