where is my wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I understand wrasse hide..How do I know if he is still alive. Less then 24 hours. Released him after acclimating him. Seen a puff of sand and he has not shown since?:hide:

I bought a flasher wrasse and thought for sure when he swam into my long tentacle anemone he was stung. he laid down in the corner of the tank and was very still. The next morning I looked and did not find him. (I got him on a Thursday, I think.) I never saw him the following day either. Sunday, I actually bought another one, acclimated. The following morning, I didn't see that one. Monday afternoon, both of them were swimming around happy as larks. Moral of the story? Be patient!:lol:

Unfortunately, both of them ended up jumping out.:nono: You didn't mention what species you had, but all wrasses are jumpers by nature, so make sure you have a good cover. I'm setting up a 75 now and I just got done trimming light diffuser grating to make sure I don't have a repeat performance becasue those guys were my favorite fish I think I've ever had!

Leopard wrasse species sleep and hide in the LS. He may just be hiding. How did you acclimate him and for how long?

Wait for it...wait for it..

You could but it'd probably just stress him more. I would wait, but its your call.

Back
Top Bottom