Which Angels for Peaceful FOWLR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swordstool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 120g FOWLR with:

2 black Ocellaris Clowns (1-1.5")
3 green Chromis (1.5-2")
1 Racoon Butterfly (2-2.5")
1 Naso Tang (2")

I want to keep it peaceful, but would love to add an Angel. I'v never had an Angel before and read that most or classified as aggressive or semi-aggressive. Any suggestions on a more peaceful species?

Most Angels are labeled semi-aggressive, but in my limited experience, I have not witnessed aggression in the few I've had. Had an Anularis several years ago in a larger tank and it was mellow, same with an Emperor an ex of mine had. Recently had an Eibli in my 75g and, again, never looked twice at other fish (had a fox face and some Chromis).

My dwarf half black angel is good, he has at times chased a new fish for short periods, but nothing serious, and only did it a few times. He ate a bunch of coral, so now he's in the FOWLR. But he's cool with this spiky top that he flares up at times and his orange eye and orange stripe by his pectoral fins.

Flame angels are aggressive. Lemonpeel and coral beauty angels are best in this case. Large angels might fight with your tang.

Lemonpeels are a pain in the *** in my experience. Flames and Coral Beauties I've had most luck with.

bettaowner said:
Flame angels are aggressive. Lemonpeel and coral beauty angels are best in this case. Large angels might fight with your tang.

Never had a problem with my flame angel being aggressive.

bettaowner said:
My point is most Pygmy angels would be best.

Gotta agree that Pygmy angels would be the way to go for a 125g. I think most of the large angels need bigger tanks.

Ya a lamarcks would be fine and are bigger so they give that angel appearance. Also reef safe. And flame angels are dwarf angels...... I'm not sure what your saying.

I have a spot breast angel and she is very peaceful. Large angel and reef safe, even though you have a fowlr.

Back
Top Bottom