Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
yup well considering my friend lives 2 houses down from me i dont think hes tank is going anywhere, and i think the transfer from my house to 20 steps down the block will be a breeze for the little guy. but thanks for the concern.

Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
Originally Posted by austinsdad
Guess I had no idea you were a seller.

Guess it's just MY thing. People come and go. Friends change their minds. Just hoping that friend's tank will stiil be there and have room when your fish outgrows your tank.

Maybe since I've never bred fish to sell them, I couldn't envision what you see so easily. I buy fish to make a permanent home for them. If they shouldn't be in my tank at full grown size, I don't buy them. Again that's just my way of doing things and obviously your mileage may vary.

BTW, almost anybody can take care of a fish better than most lfs.
Even if he wasn't a seller does the exchange of money change anything? I don't think so. If he gives it to someone who can provide it with a suitable home I don't see a problem. Simply allows more people to enjoy that fish and ensures its not staying in a cramped tank.

While I agree most fish stores don't take great care of their fish, one near me does. They truly are animal lovers and take really good care of their fish. www.aquaticcritter.com

They take any fish in that you can't keep, injured, or just don't want even if it won't end up profitable for them. They really care for their fish.

Also there is a really big local fish keeping community around my area. I've talked to two people on these forums alone that live within 15-30 minutes drive. I know that's not the case for everyone, but if is for him it would not be hard to find that fish a loving home once its grown up.

Josh is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com