Which fish to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morrislr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to add some fish to my 55 gallon tank. I have a magenta dottyback, 2 big and aggresive Clark's Clownfish, a brittle star and a Chocolate Surgeonfish.

The clowns terrorized 2 Pajama Cardinals until they swam up the filter intake.

I like fish that look like fish. Not like snakes. I do not like fish that will bite me or poison the tank if stressed.

I need some suggestions for fish that will stand up (swim up) to the clowns, but will behave.

All suggestions appreciated.

By the way, we do not seem to have a saltwater aquarium club in Buffalo. Anyone want to start one?

Les from Buffalo You can contact me directly. morrislr@niagara.edu

Welcome to AA!!

For starters that Chocolate Surgeonfish will need at least a 70G tank and won't be happy with little swimming room. Actually he can get up to about 8 inches, the clowns around 6 and the dottyback around 3 inches each. It looks like your tank is maxed or will be.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
Also, you may want to edit your post and remove your email address, in a public forum, you are liable to get crushed with spam. Check out the regional forums and you might find a club around there.

look into keeping some reef safe wrasses... that would be your best bet.. very active and colorful... will not put up with crap from your clowns!!! McCoskers Wrasse is a nice fish

Back
Top Bottom