Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2014, 02:09 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

good luck just remember... the quicker you do it, the more of a chance the fish will survive

Old 02-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok, so I watched him closely this morning with the lights on and no signs of white spot??? Realize they fall off in another stage where the fish live, but literally all gone..just fed him some garlic filled algae sheets and was first to chomp it up!!
I know it's probably just temporary clear up...tearing down the tank right away with no imminent health scares seems like I'm jumping the gun! Idk
Frustrating..will still get prepared and buy a hospital tank and air stones

Old 02-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is what was going on with mine...no spots in the morning and they would be there when I got home from work. It did that for about a week and then they stayed there all the time.

As you probably read in my other thread, some people go with the. "Feed them well and keep stress down" approach and the fish will tough it out and overcome the parasite. Since Idols are tough to keep, I would probably go that route, at least for starters.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have to agree with you there Todd I think that's going be the less stressful route for these fish...everybody seems Great-water parameters are perfect and stress level seem low.. Will turn the lights down and keep feeding, PWC to see what happens🙏
Old 02-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Idol died
Don't understand..he was feeding right up till I found him stuck to the power head. Real bummer..had him for over a year, he was a Character.
All other fish seem fine at the moment.

Btw will NEVER buy a fish without doing due diligence by making sure it's suited for aquarium life!!!!! Fish like idols should only be enjoyed in there natural habitat
Old 01-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

So after allowing the tank to go fallow for over a year, I decided to catch the only survivor of that terrible ich outbreak! A convict damsel. Not only did he survive with out regular water changes, he thrived...months went by with regular water topups being his only care (water was actually brackish at .4) well anyway I tried everything to catch him, jig with small hook after weeks of no food, bottle cut in half with a silver side, nothing worked! I had to pull out 250 lbs of live rock out of my aging tank and catch the survivor! No more ick
But damb what a pain!
The damsel? Well he's going to his original home where I saved him from during an ice storm and he will live happily ever afterClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452392150.090211.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	283320

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
spot, white, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com