Why do i hate my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I *love* the black background in all my tanks. The colors on the fish show a lot better (though my black and white clown is camouflaged sometimes :) ). Plus, the black background helps to hide plumbing inside the tank (HOB intake, heater, etc) which are all usually black in color.

Here's my new bkgrnd that I got tons of compliments on my FW w/ it but really this for ocean, IMO. I just slapped it on my 75gal FOWLR since my last post. LOVE IT so much over my 1-color background.

Here's w/ Actinics:
image-1676180760.jpg

Here's w/ whites & Actinics:
image-3525129086.jpg

Good catch haha auto correct fail. Shimmer shimmer shimmer. Is that a starfish on the bottom left side of your tank?

No, I think maybe an old bubbler that kind of has become live rock?? I bought the tank used w/ stock 'n all. I like that it looks like a starfish ;)

No, I think maybe an old bubbler that kind of has become live rock?? I bought the tank used w/ stock 'n all. I like that it looks like a starfish ;)

I was going to say it was huge if it was a star. I bought some brittle stars before I researched how big the got and one of mine had legs that are about 7 inches long. So it's close to a foot across.

I was going to say it was huge if it was a star. I bought some brittle stars before I researched how big the got and one of mine had legs that are about 7 inches long. So it's close to a foot across.

Crazy! That deco is about 4-5" across total, about the size of a Choc Chip Star at the LFS. I keep thinking about getting a starfish but I'm still not sure if I'm going to go reef. I really like starfish but you don't hear a lot of great things about them!!

Brittle stars are reef safe. They haven't ever mothered my coral. Sometimes they will walk over them but nothing to damage them

I hate when my mother walks over me... ;-)

Ha!! Mine does too!!! Yeah, I've heard Brittles are alright but they hide a lot & they don't really have the starfish look. But down the road, I may get 1 if I take the Reef leap!

Back
Top Bottom