wierd rectangular triggerfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snickers450

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys..ive been wondering about my rectangular triggerfish..i have a 120gal tank with 8 chromises..2 clarkiis..1 foxface..and my triggerfish..i have my triggerfish for almost 5 months and it seems that it is not growing..ive been feeding him quality food such as krill..brine shrimp..mysis shrimp..can anyone explain why my trigger is not growing..TIA..

Same with my Niger trigger. All other fish have grown and he hasn't. He's about 4". Idk why, but could be because of poor water quality (I have right now). But really don't know.

Not only water quality but improper diet. Try to vary your trigger's diet.

I give him mysis, brine, shrimp, krill, and squid. He also eats some seaweed. That's as much variety as I can give him. There's nothing else around here.

Hate to say but with my Humu Humu trigger I fed him freeze dried foods same as you and he never grew, but when I added the dwarf blue leg hermit crabs( you can find them anywhere online) he started eating those and grew like a leaf! For my tank live food stimulated his growth dramatically.

I had a clown trigger that grew really fast. On top of the above mentioned food I also fed it live brine, live ghost shrimps, frozen formula one, frozen prime reef, and various freeze dried, pellet & flake food.

Unfortunately looks like its just the fish if you are giving it everything with no results it may just be the fish. But don't worry these fish look great big or small! And when I had my clown trigger that thing grew to above average size! But gotta live em!

Back
Top Bottom