Will my Live Rock seed my sandbed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phases99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello. Last month I purchased a 45lb box of premium Fiji LR from Marine Depot. I cured it in a separate tank until the ammonia and nitrite levels were 0. I used a skimmer and water changes to keep the levels as low as possible during that time. I aquascaped the rocks in my 46g tank on a 4" aragamax sand bed almost a week ago and was hoping that this LR will seed my sand bed with some beneficial fauna. I have yet to see anything actually alive in the rock. I was wondering are there life forms dormant in the rocks that will come out at some point or will I need to seed my DSB with something else. I am an experienced aquarist with fish but a newbie when it comes to LR. Thanks.

I'm new to LR too and can tell you it's amazing stuff! Just give it time and you'll start to see all sorts of creatures popping up 8O

It wouldn't hurt to get a cup or two of sand from an already established tank, but if not it will just take a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom