Woohoo I ordered an Emporer Angelfish FINALLY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I went ahead and ordered a Juvenile Emporer Angelfish from saltwaterfish.com
None of the LFS around here order Emporers so I had no choice. They're actually located in Fort Pierce which is a city 10 miles from me, so shipping should be a breeze for the Emp. I called and asked if they offered local pick up and they said their facilities are not setup to where they can offer local pick up. I read great things about saltwaterfish.com and considering it's so close to where I live, I'm thinking I should no problems at all.

I am so excited... I've wanted an Emporer Angel for soooo long now. I am excited too because I ordered a Juvenile and to be able to watch it over time change into a beautiful adult Emp will be soooo awesome. I am so excited! I just hope there won't be any problems with my Wrasse compatibility wise.

And just because I've wanted to add a coral or two to my aquarium, they went ahead and cut me a deal on two Orange Ricordea Mushrooms. I was told they shouldn't be able problem to keep with the Emp and Wrasse, so I am just so flipping excited right now! I wonder if my order will make it here tomorrow since it's overnighted? The Orange Ricordeas are pretty hardy and easy to care for, right?

Steve

Awesome fish! I adore the juvenile emperors, the stripes are just so pretty. Be sure to take pictures! I'm living vicariously through your angelfish. :)

Thanks guys, I'm sooo excited. I'll be sure to post a ton of pictures :) I just hope so much he'll be happy with the Wrasse and they will get along.

Steve

Yes, ricordias are fairly easy to care for if given enough light, but if they are in the same tank as the emperor angel don't be surprised one day if it isn't there and your angel has a colorful smile ;)

Ahhh well that doesn't sound to good, corals can't be kept with Emp Angels? Worst thing that happens is I guess I just keep it in my refugium with my macrolagae I guess.

Still no Emp Angel today, I think it should be here early in the morning tomorrow though with the ricordea's.

Innovator brought up a good point which you may not have been aware of. With that fish, any corals you get will probably end up being eaten or at least nipped. Emperors are not reef safe by any means.

It doesn't matter anyway, I'm sticking with FOWLR. The Wrasse would probably go after corals anyway so it wouldn't matter even if I'd not gotten the Emp. As I said I've always wanted one and am very happy with King :)

Steve

It doesn't matter anyway, I'm sticking with FOWLR. The Wrasse would probably go after corals anyway so it wouldn't matter even if I'd not gotten the Emp. As I said I've always wanted one and am very happy with King :)

Steve

You know what, go with what you want (within reason) because you'll be happy that way. You wanted the emp angel and you got him, thats really all that matters :eek:

I just thought a new thread popped up and I was about to be really jealous of all these new angelfish on AA. ;)

I just thought a new thread popped up and I was about to be really jealous of all these new angelfish on AA. ;)

Haha!

Man I want him to start growing really really big QUICK lol and start to change into the very colorful mature adult stage. I still wanna know how long it will take him to do this ya know when it'll start? I bet I really need to get him into the main aquarium for him to grow fast eh?

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 50
In a bigger tank I think he'd grow faster. He'll get big enough to beat up the wrasse soon. I want the smallest one I can get because I adore the juvenile pattern. If they could stay like that, i'd be thrilled. xD

I dunno man my Wrasse is one BIG meanie rofl. Yeah I just need to put some damsels in to get the Wrasse running and hiding rofl or at least I hope he doesn't eat them. I just wanted to give him some time to get adjusted and eating good before I put him in the main tank.

Tell ya what though, he loves it in the refugium! With all that live rock and macroalgae it's like a carnival to him rofl.

I'll let ya guys know how the damsel situation goes, I'm picking up three GIGANTIC damsels tomorrow to be the guinea pig for the Wrasse lol.

Steve

I'd worry about the damsels. They'd keep the wrasse in check but I'd think they all might beat up the angel.

I'd worry about the damsels. They'd keep the wrasse in check but I'd think they all might beat up the angel.

So in that case they'll just be to get the Wrasse adjusted to having fish in the tank. I'll pull them out in a couple weeks, trade them back to my LFS and give the Emp a try :)

Steve

Back
Top Bottom