worst week ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbymac

Aquarium Advice Regular
well to start off my puppy was killed last week in a tragic freak accident. today i get home and find one of my O. clowns had gotten in the wet/dry in the back of my 29 g biocube. The clown was stuck on the top of the thing that keeps the bioballs in check.

The two clowns were a mated pair. Can i get another clown to replace it or what. :confused:

well to start off my puppy was killed last week in a tragic freak accident. today i get home and find one of my O. clowns had gotten in the wet/dry in the back of my 29 g biocube. The clown was stuck on the top of the thing that keeps the bioballs in check.

The two clowns were a mated pair. Can i get another clown to replace it or what. :confused:

You can try, but I doubt they will pair up. I would probably go with one that is the same size or a little bigger than the other one and stick with the ocellaris. Sorry to hear about the puppy, I can't even imagine.

If you were to have any chance the other one would have to be much smaller or much bigger than the one you have. As RYshark said it might not happen then.

might be a better idea to take your remaining clown back to the LFS and buy another mated pair.

Hmmm, good advice. Get one waaay smaller or waaay bigger. I would say, the root issue could have been an ill fish. Have you checked you parameters?

no it was not an ill fish. It jumped over the back wall and got stuck were there was little water flow.

There have been several post within the these threads about clowns getting in the back of the Biocubes I feel this is a design flaw with the cubes.

The clowns i have are very small. They were only about 1" long

I would try taking the other one to the LFS for credit and get a Mated Pair like JUSTIN suggested or go the other route. The other suggested as well both would be a good idea to do.

Back
Top Bottom