Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

wrasse compatability?

I have a exquisite fairy wrasse in a 30gal tank. I was looking to get a clown fairy wrasse and put him in the same tank. Everything I've read seemed to indicate they would be fine together and maybe even prefer some wrasse company since they tend to want to school?

So at the lfs i was prepared to take him, but they warned me it might fight with the wrasse alraedy in my tank.

Anyone have experience with multiple fairy wrasses in a 30gal-ish tank?

Old 01-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I could not find much on them except that they are peaceful. But one thing I did find out is that they are jumpers. So be careful.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah I did read that, my exquisite jumped out of the bag when it (i wanna say a she since the colors are a little more subdued than some photos Ive seen, but thats way out there) was at the store. I have not seen it eye the spots it could get out as of yet, it seems content to roam the tank.

The peticular lfs that told me that they might fight (there are 2 near me)... they seem really knowledgable but sometimes the things they tell me are not consistant with what I read here/in books or elsewhere on the net. I suppose I could get the clown fairy and just return it if it is not compatable, although I hate to put it through that drama.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #4
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnate80700
I suppose I could get the clown fairy and just return it if it is not compatable, although I hate to put it through that drama.
Yes that is true but you need to worry about the drama that you are going to go through getting him out the tank. I sure hope all goes well

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah thats what i meant ... getting him home, getting picked on, getting him out, getting him back to the store. The whole shebangebang.

--edit--

Just thought i'd update... I ended up taking the clown fairy (the store called it a solar wrasse)

the 1st hour the clown was not happy... he was getting double teamed by the exquisite and the singapore angel (by the way, whats the deal with the angels attitude? hes been acting like a little bast'd to everything lately... I thought they were sposed to be peaceful) but now things seem to have calmed down. The 2 wrasse's are near eachother, the exquisite will lunge at the clown but not chase it all over anymore (infact it seems like the exquisite only really makes a move when the clown realizes the exquisite is nearby, otherwise they just chill together), the angel isnt really caring, and the clown isnt hiding at all. its been about 3 or 4 hours now.

Im still watching the tank like a hawk, if I notice the clown (or anything) getting bad im going to take the clown back, but it seems so far things are at least going in the right direction.

--2nd edit--

its been 24 hours now and everything is hunky dory... the 2 wrasses kinda pal up now and swim next to eachother. the angel doesnt really care about him anymore either

Tags
compatability, wrasse

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com