Yellow Damsel Twitching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carberarr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got my first fish, Ive had the Damsel for about 5 days. The second day he was out all over the place back and forth from one side of the tank to the other, then he started to want to hide behind the rocks more often. He only seems to want to show himself in the evenings. Not sure if its a light thing or not (the surrounding room in dimmer this time of the evening). However, sometimes when he is out, I see him twitch, not a lot but enough to notice it. Im wondering if this is normal behavior or something I should be concerned about?

Water params are all good BTW

Thanks for any info.

PS I did read somewhere that Clowns and Damsels have a lot in common, and Clowns twitching is quite normal.

They do twich around the tank a lot.. they are pretty much bottom of the food chain.. so the instinct is to keep moving.. ALOT. They stay alive one way or another =)

Clowns (perculas) are the same family as a damsal.. clowns on the other hand have adapted there twiching to the liking of a anemone host... the jaring of water and constant movement around there anemone is a primary reason for the clowns behavior. Perhaps its just a genetic thing lol

On 4/24 you started and on 5/5 you had noticeable ammonia readings with everything else 0. Did your tank cycle? What are your "all good" water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom