Yellow Eyed Kole spitting out food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

90gallon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a yellow eyed kole that has been in my 90 gallon tank for over a week now. Whenever I place mysis in there he goes for the mysis but just ends up spitting it right back out. He'll then go after another piece and do the same thing. I have also placed romaine in the tank and he doesn't touch it. Should I be concerned or is there something I should try....Thanks for the help

He might not be a Meat eater or like shrimp, for most Kole tangs I know they like to graze on the LR and eat whatever detritus that is there for them to eat... But they will eat meaty food from time to time.... I would try piece of Seaweed or Nori....

Try other foods and see how he does. I would feed dried seaweed or Nori as mentioned above.

Was the shrimp freeze-dried or frozen? My Tank won't eat the dry but loves the frozen...washed and thawed and soaked in Selcon. He won't eat Romaine either or Nori...my last one loved it. You might try Bok Choy...mine didn't eat it but yours might. The green part only...you eat the white part !!!

Right now mine is loving the Rod's Food he can't get enough of it.... He will not go for the Dried Seaweed or Nori... Some Kole Tangs will some will not I guess....

I used to soak Nori in Garlic Guard....old Tang would take strips from my hand...not this one though. You might try it.

Back
Top Bottom