Yellow-purple tip sebae dieing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys/gals its been along time since I have been on here and a lot has changed! I recently had a itch to buy a anemone and I found a beuty I thought would look great under my moonlights and it does.. My problem is I can't tell if its Dieing! It had some weird mucus coming off of it and it closes up.. I bought it 2 days ago and drip acclimated for a hr 1/2 I can give parameter readings later when family leaves..if the moonlights can't help I can switch on the day lights.. Please help :/

Attachments

• image-144437982.jpg
    image-144437982.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1150555840.jpg
    image-1150555840.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 128
Hey look , i have 2 anemones and when i put them in my tank for the forst days it really some mocus too but its not dieng its just adjusting to their new enveroment !! Dont worry just keep an eye on in close for the next couple of days

Thanks brother ! Still am a lil concerns about it.. Its not attaching itself to the sand or rock .. I have 3 powerheads and I noticed it getting pushed around so I turned off 2 of them untill it actually attached to something

Hmm.. Hope it will correct itself soon.. Should I help it?

Attachments

• image-2684413027.jpg
    image-2684413027.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 121
If i was you turn off all or your powerheads for like 30 mins and help him put it near a rock on a corner! That will help and the powerheads moves them around so thy cant set up!

Took your advice .. I have no moving water but the thing moved a foot and is upside down!

Attachments

• image-4199967096.jpg
    image-4199967096.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 118
You have a very sick anemone...one of the reasons that is probably feeding this issue is because it is dyed. There isn't a such thing as a bright yellow sebae. The mucus that is coming off of it is it expelling its zoo I'd assume. I'd take it back for my money back, the dye will prevent it from being able to survive since they are photosynthetic.

Some sebae info:
Saltwater Aquarium Invertebrates for Marine Aquariums: Sebae Anemone

Smh in disgrace..aint that something,, it's amazing what lengths people will go to sell.. The store is 45 minuites away on a hit every green light day..I work 7 days a week.. I'm assuming its gunna die then? I have many other tanks do you think it would be wise of me to acclimate it to a different tank to let it "die"? If it does die will it secrete anything that can kill my livestock? Merry Christmas by the way

I've never tried to keep a dyed nem...nor have I even seen one in person. My hope is that someone will chime in with a success story...maybe that they fed it or something. But from my knowledge of them, I don't see it ending well. When an anemone dies, they will polute the tank. I would just remove it...but I would try my best to get it back to the store that sold it to me and get my money back. Just remember, nothing is that florescent in nature under normal conditions. Hope all turns out well. Merry Xmas.

I wasn't able to find that forum but I have done a lot of "googling" and have came across a lot of people who have been able to keep a dyed one alive as it transitions back to natural beauty.i no longer am going to shop at the lfs that sold me him I was trying to get a good thing going with him.. Bought a few fish and coral from him and even had him over at my house to give me a estimate of maintnance cost on my tanks while I work. But since he lied to my face about the anenome I have came to that conclusion and will stick with the 1 I have always enjoyed spending money at. The anenome has finally footed itself but it did so under a cave and I know it needs a lot of light.. But untill I see anything or smell anything that concerns me I am leaving it alone. My clowns have came over to it but did not host it.. They like there upper corner.. Weirdos... It seems the anenome has taken to the food I have bought but time will tell.. Ill stay posted about this if anyone is keeping up with this. I will post pictures of tank and anenome tonight .. " depending on alchohal intake"

Here are the pictures.. Still unsure but we will see

Attachments

• image-2901412414.jpg
    image-2901412414.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1916866956.jpg
    image-1916866956.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-416485032.jpg
    image-416485032.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 89
Had one that survived for three months, found out it was dyed after I bought it also so I fed it frozen krill two to three times a week. When it died put my hand in tank to get it out and found out heater broke and was electrocuting tank. Not the only thing I lost that week so their are possibilities. Good luck I see them at pet stores all the time

Sorry took so long to get back to this! Forgot my password :/ sad to say but the anemone died. Glad I moved him to my other tank.

Back
Top Bottom