Yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erictoronto

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to get a yellow tang for my fowlr tank. Right now I have a clownfish and two yellowfin damsels...I heard that tangs get ich really easy...is there a way I can prevent this? I don't want my other fishes getting sick nor do I want to quarantine any of them because I have no place to quarantine them. Is this a bad idea to want to get a yellow tang, should I wait until I learn more about this hobby. I am a beginner taking over my brothers 65gallon salt water fowlr tank.

Any suggestions would be great...I am still doing research.

Tangs do seem to get more often then other fish so to be prepared I would get a qt. In case you have to perform hyposalinity. In a 65 gallon tank it is costly to treat and copper can harm live rock and certain fish and inverts. I would do a bit of research on things

Tangs do seem to get more often then other fish so to be prepared I would get a qt. In case you have to perform hyposalinity. In a 65 gallon tank it is costly to treat and copper can harm live rock and certain fish and inverts. I would do a bit of research on things.

Sorry for double post my phone messed up. Lol

Feed your tang seaweed that has been soaked in garlic medicine. That's how I got rid on one of my Tangs ich. I do it about once or twice a week neither of Tangs have had it since I started doing it.

MississippiFishGuy said:
Feed your tang seaweed that has been soaked in garlic medicine. That's how I got rid on one of my Tangs ich. I do it about once or twice a week neither of Tangs have had it since I started doing it.

What type of seaweed and what garlic medicine?????

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I figured someone else would have mentioned it already.. A yellow tang does not belong in a 65 gallon tank.

a yellow tang should be fine in a 65 gal tank mine is happy in my 75 gal.

tangs need a longer tank or could cause trouble later on unless you are planning to upgrade,but you could get a yellow eyed kole tang which will be fine in a tank that size and in my opinion are a nicer fish,plus they keep your tank clean

Back
Top Bottom