Yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferny27

Aquarium Advice Activist
An someone tell me why my yellow tang has a red rash on his body . What is this?

Attachments

• image-3489473580.jpg
    image-3489473580.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 153
could possibly be where it has brushed against a coral and gotten stung??? Not sure but thts what it looks like to me. What size tank is it in?

That is an bacterial infection. It can be defeated by doing alot of water changes and feeding vitamin rich foods

Also get some maracyn two and follow the producers instructions. You can get it at petco and most other fish stores

Do water changes every other day and use the maracyn and if you feed vitamin enriched foods it should be gone in about a week

Could it be that my anemone stung him, it moved to the front of the tank. And yes I also fees vitamins to them. Should I stop

Here is the tank

Attachments

• image-1901859324.jpg
    image-1901859324.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 165
Could it be that my anemone stung him, it moved to the front of the tank. And yes I also fees vitamins to them. Should I stop

no keep feeding vitamin enriched foods to him to help him recover. It looks more like a sting to me rather than bacterial but i could be wrong and i would ere on the side of caution and treat it as if it was a bacterial infection if it got any worse or the fish shows any signs of stress or abnormal behavior.

no keep feeding vitamin enriched foods to him to help him recover. It looks more like a sting to me rather than bacterial but i could be wrong and i would ere on the side of caution and treat it as if it was a bacterial infection if it got any worse or the fish shows any signs of stress or abnormal behavior.

No thats a bacterial infection

What do I buy , it's impossible to take him out of the tank .

What about medicine ? I don't want to stress him out

What about medicine ? I don't want to stress him out
I wouldn't treat in the DT. I never add any medicines or chemicals to my DT. Some will make a skimmer go crazy too so if you find a reef safe medication make sure your skimmer doesn't overflow

I wouldn't say this is a bacterial infection as it appears to be a surface wound. I should clear up as long as its not be harassed at all. If it is an infection you may see it spread to other fish. Do you see any other fish with similar symptoms? is the fish feeding well?

Back
Top Bottom