Yellow Tang Rubbing Side on LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this a normal thing that Tangs do? I dont feel he's stressing, he swims around normally but on occasion he rubs his side on the LR quickly and swims on the side, then swims back to normal. His fins and tail looks fine and his face looks clean no white stuff. Any Ideas?

I have a 60g tank
LR only
Yellow Tang (small)
3 chromis
1 clown

Water Parameter as follows
PH 8.2
Ammonia- 0 ppm
Nitrate - 0 ppm
Nitrite- 0 ppm
Salinity- 1.025

i just bought red seaweed for him can i do anything with that?

sounds like ich to me take out all your fish and treat with meds. let your main tank go fishless for min of 6 weeks. i just got over this.

Personally... if the fish is showing no signs of ich other than flashing, I'd just watch it for now. If it is ich, it'll be obvious within a week and then there will be no doubt what to do.

Agree with Kurt. Many species of fish do this periodically and tangs/surgeonfish moreso.

I agree with Kurt and James. Sometimes a fish will get some sand or an irritation and rub against the rock to "scratch".

That Kurt is the man. I agree also. Dont treat for ich unless you see it. Yellow tangs can get the regular ich that looks like sugar grains but also can get the black ich which looks like pepper on it. Be aware of both types. I have three tangs in my 125 and they occaisionally flash with no ich seen so keep an eye out as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom