Yellow Tang with extra white spot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moorish.Idol

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help? This morning my son noticed my tang had a 3D spot on his side and I googled it and came up with nothing.

Attachments

• image-2016448900.jpg
    image-2016448900.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 188
mine has an extra in the middle of his tail. As long as it's not raised, I wouldn't worry

CaptainAhab said:
mine has an extra in the middle of his tail. As long as it's not raised, I wouldn't worry

It is raised, it looks like a zit that's ready to be popped.

I would leave him be. It might be a really minor outbreak of lymphocystis which is a common viral ailment that will go away on it's own. Or it could be a small parasite. Give him garlic supplements and vitamins with his diet but most people report these symptoms as going away with no intervention on their part. If he starts to develop other symptoms like rapid breathing or color changes, then I would worry.

Maya said:
I would leave him be. It might be a really minor outbreak of lymphocystis which is a common viral ailment that will go away on it's own. Or it could be a small parasite. Give him garlic supplements and vitamins with his diet but most people report these symptoms as going away with no intervention on their part. If he starts to develop other symptoms like rapid breathing or color changes, then I would worry.

Ok.. Thank you. I'll repost with an update.

Back
Top Bottom