Yellow tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ivanmalfoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have three yellow tangs in a 220g tank they were doing fine and then a couple days ago I noticed they were getting pale. Water test is perfect. Anyone know what might be going on?

They probably arnt getting fed enough. I had seaweed out for mine for most of the day and he constantly ate that. I also fed him spirulina brine shrimp or mysis shrimp twice a day. That's what I would say is the problem.

Are they staying pale or is it just in the morning? What have you been feeding and how often? What else is in the tank?

You need to feed them all sorts of foods, not just flakes. I feed my guy mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, squid, and I put a clip of sea weed in twice a week. All of my foods are packed with vitamins!

Try some Garlic Guard and soak the food in it while defrosting it. It should present a better flavor for the fish, and it helps with other things.

Also make sure they have some caves they can hide in. My guy Loves his little cave, he sleeps in it every night. They also will turn pale in color when they are sleeping.

They are herbivores, so seaweed/algae is what they need. They will eat meaty foods, but it does not benefit them nearly as much. If that is all they get, they will not stay healthy for long.

Agree that they lose color when sleeping, but that can also be caused by stress. Are they all getting along and/ or are there other fish that might be bothering them?

Back
Top Bottom