Yellow watchman turned pale white?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I just noticed my yellow watchman goby has turned white. Any Ideas why? It's eating perfectly fine and acting normal such as perching while my pistol shrimp digs. I've researched a bit and have come across 2 answers as to why it's pale. 1. Stress. 2. she's female. any inputs on this?

Hmm, how are the perimeters? Give us all the info about your tank please:)

Yep, my yellow watchman is white now too. He changed to white after a water change and his color never came back. This was months ago too and he's been fine and healthy otherwise.

I've inquired EVERYWHERE and the best answer i get is that it's a female, which I'm not sure I buy or not. LOL

Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0

Maybe its the ammonia? But its been in there for about a month now.

and yeahhhhh I don't really buy the whole "it's cause it's a female" thing either is your watchman fine and healthy?

yep, mine is healthy and has been ever since he truned white, which was months ago. he's very grumpy and chases the other fish but they never care. lol He mostly hides in his burrow or sits perched on the rock outside it.

But that's so odd! hahah I wonder if they get their color back if you get them a mate?

It was just a joke haha I doubt anyone can pair a goby that is paired with pistol shrimp and pair em with another gpby haha

Mine went from bright yellow to white over night after a water change too. What's going on with the watchmen.

hahahaha "went Micheal Jackson" I like thhat :p

agh well all parameters are fine. salinity is at 1.024
ammonia is at 0.25 but its been like that since the watchman (or watchwoman :p) has been in there. She eats perfectly fine but she IS alot more shy. She used to at least let me get 1 foot away from the tank before shooting into burrow but now she just peeks out and hides almost as soon as she sees me. Carey, did your watchman's behavior change along with the color?

I know that mine did. I could be in front if the tank and it wouldn't run off. Now he never comes out. Just sits in he's hole and waits for food.

Mine hasnt changed behavior, still a little reclusive. lol Seems a bit grouchier than before but thats about it.

Oh yeah for those of you who were curious, my yellow watchman has turned back to it's normal color and is better than ever. wonder why it turned white?

Back
Top Bottom