Yellow wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcdebb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday I started breaking down my 75 gallon. I removed all the rock to make it somewhat easier to catch the fish. And just to let you know, that was alot of fun lol I had a lady take most of my fish, she also wanted the wrasse, but then I noticed he was missing. there was no rock or any decorations for him to hide under. I looked all around the tank on the floor, didnt see anything, I even stirred up the sand a little bit, but no luck. I didn't want to clould up the tank anymore than it already was. I assumed he may have jumped out and the cat ate him without me seeing it.

Well, 24 hours later, I walk by the tank, and there he was swimming around just as happy as can be! Do they bury themselves? or do they disappear into thin air or what? I just walked by the tank again and he's gone again. I know he couldnt have jumped out this time. the only thing still in the tank is the maroon clown and 3 mono sebaes, and a heater.

I've never ever known this! But then again I had plenty of live rock in there and assumed he just had a hiding spot. after my first post he went missing again, but is out swimming yet again.

And they can do it in an instant. I have a melanurus and six (6) canary wrasse. They all sleep underground.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom