yes or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ididit1119

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was trying to keep from saying this but my reading skills are not the best I have trouble reading, I just wanted a yes or no answer if this will work for me. I have two canister Eheim filters and I will buy the power heads to move the water and the hang on back skimmer. If this is purchased can I obtain a nice salt water tank for an eel and maybe a puffer fish? Thank you all for being so patient with me.

Yes..

Not the best route.. Keep the cans clean, ditch the sponges. get some LR rubble if you can to put in the cans.

Is this correct?

I know everyone is probably thinking why ain't I getting this but I am new you guys and gals. I have 55 gallon tank and I ONLY plan for a puffer and a few other fish, about 80 pounds of live rock, 10 to 20 pounds of live sand in this tank for now, no coral. I plan to buy a HOB skimmer for the predators waste. I have 2 canister filters but the ones who have spoken to say that I don't need a filter system, no media in the canister to just use the to circulate water around. Both canister came with ceramic pieces in them. Do I use them or not? And do I need power heads for water circulation or will the canisters do fine?

Yes and No. Sorry you cant read as if you could you would read that they only collect nitrate and use more electricity. And if your useing this for water flow then it wont be enough. G O O D L U C K....

You really dont need them as you do have enough LR and LS for good biological filtration. The skimmer will be great for removing DOC`s which will end up as nitrates if not removed. You could save them and use for times when you need GAC or purigen in the tank. As I mentioned in another thread the nitrates can be taken care of with good water management. But in all the LR + skimmer + PH`s for good water flow is really all you need.

Back
Top Bottom