Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have on now and it look really happy its not aggressive at all i have 4 blue/green chromis with it and do not even "look" at those. My bloodfire shrimp is always with it and cleaning is mouth. I can even pet him without problems. Never looked at the top of the tank, my LR is set with cave and trench so a lot of hiding place is good. Mine love clams and table shrimp but dont like squid. Its a very strong fish mine is 2 1/2feet and move 20lbs rock when eating. Really nice fish i bought mine at my lfs it was in a 25-30gallons since no one wanted him i bought it and bring it home in my 80gallons and now have place to swim until i buy a bigger aquarium when i will move. If you have the place and the food lol go for it ! Mine live with my smaller snowflake and they go well along. Both of them love to be pet !!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiboblacuillere View Post
I have on now and it look really happy its not aggressive at all i have 4 blue/green chromis with it and do not even "look" at those. My bloodfire shrimp is always with it and cleaning is mouth. I can even pet him without problems. Never looked at the top of the tank, my LR is set with cave and trench so a lot of hiding place is good. Mine love clams and table shrimp but dont like squid. Its a very strong fish mine is 2 1/2feet and move 20lbs rock when eating. Really nice fish i bought mine at my lfs it was in a 25-30gallons since no one wanted him i bought it and bring it home in my 80gallons and now have place to swim until i buy a bigger aquarium when i will move. If you have the place and the food lol go for it ! Mine live with my smaller snowflake and they go well along. Both of them love to be pet !!
I have heard they are pretty good as long as they are well fed. My main concern is him escaping as he will be in a predator tank. I didn't realize they were that strong. I may have to buy some bigger pieces of rock. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay and how much does he eat? Just trying to get the more specific info I guess.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Any pics as well??
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It was 250$ at my lfs but they gave me a price of 100$ since it was me and it will be in a bigger aquarium mine eat like 4-5 clams and some shrimp each day but i saw on some site to feed it at each 2-3 days everything it can eat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2081068926.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	151814   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2604335732.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	151815  

Name:	image-2408356473.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	151816   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2951061510.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	151817  

Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I currently house a zebra with the following. Lion fish. Japanese leopard shark (banded hound shark). White spotted bamboo shark coral catshark. Blue jaw trigger. Lunar wrasse 8 different tangs. Big eye squirrel and red stripe squirrel Tusk and a few others. Blue spotted ray. He has never harmed a thing. As far as escaping make sure u have a secure lid and he should be fine. Mine is over 3ft. They do not eat fish not even silver slides. Probably the most docile eel u can get.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafights View Post
I currently house a zebra with the following. Lion fish. Japanese leopard shark (banded hound shark). White spotted bamboo shark coral catshark. Blue jaw trigger. Lunar wrasse 8 different tangs. Big eye squirrel and red stripe squirrel Tusk and a few others. Blue spotted ray. He has never harmed a thing. As far as escaping make sure u have a secure lid and he should be fine. Mine is over 3ft. They do not eat fish not even silver slides. Probably the most docile eel u can get.
How big of a tank do you have?! That's a lot of fish! Lol, glad to hear they at least all get along well. Any pics of your tank?? I'm trying to get some ideas for rock structure for the eels. I'm a visual learner so pics help. Thx
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

1000 gallons. I have my rock stacked up the muddle over flow Box. The bad part is he loves it back there so he can hide and rarely comes out. The good part is he feels comfortable and happy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3201008800.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	151900   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1672267007.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	151901  

Name:	image-2001751807.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	151902  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's a sweet setup! When we put on our addition my wife want a big tank that we can do sharks and rays in. That's a big system, I can only imagine water changes on that sucker. Thanks for the rock work pics, I'm starting to get an idea of how I'm gonna do this.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

The only thing I would say is to be careful with adding Triggers or puffers with the eel. Since both types of fish are "nippers", the eels' rear areas will always be in danger of getting nibbled on.

Hope this helps.

Tags
eel, moray, zebra, zebra moray eel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com