Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Zebra Pistol Shrimp?

Hi I was wondering if there is such a thing as a zebra pistol shrimp, I tried to google it online but I did not find anything.

Can someone confirm if thats what this is?

zebra pistol shrimp? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

i think there called tiger pistol shrimp

Old 07-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can somebody confirm this, because I have seen 2 of these at two different LFS labeled as Zebra pistol shrimp.

But more importantly, Can somebody confirm if these will host with a watchman goby? That is why I bought him but if that is not the case I want to return him.
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...owtopic=189503
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis View Post
Can somebody confirm this, because I have seen 2 of these at two different LFS labeled as Zebra pistol shrimp.

But more importantly, Can somebody confirm if these will host with a watchman goby? That is why I bought him but if that is not the case I want to return him.
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...owtopic=189503
i would guess they just called them zebra instead of tiger to make them seem rare
Old 07-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

mmm okay thanks for the help. I just don't want to risk my goby being eaten. Im pretty sure this is a zebra shrimp though just because I saw them at 2 different LFS and their pattern is different from tiger shrimp but I would appreciate a confirmation on this

I'll wait until I get off work today for somebody to confirm this, it's gonna be a hassle to remove him I bet x__x...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also, can anybody tell me if this zebra pistol shrimp thing even exists? (as a species) I've tried to search engine it but I have not received strong evidence that it is not just a common misnamed thing between tiger shrimp and zebra shrimp.

Does anybody have one of these (zebra shrimp)? Have they co-existed and paired with your goby? :3 I have a watchman goby, thank you everyone and anyone

Tags
pistol, pistol shrimp, rim, shrimp, zebra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com