10 gallon goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyoneI am new to this, so please go easy on me
I have a10 gallon aquarium with a black moor goldfish, change about60% of water every week have a filter, and take good care of it. I have 2 apple (mystery) snails in there and about 8 anarcharis plants. I am planning on adding 8 ghost shrimp, four mountain minnows and a large central decoration. Are these good additions? And anything on black moors and fish I can add, info on that will really be appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to AA!

I would suggest that you look into a larger tank for your moor. They can get quite large; 12 inches or more. The bare minimum for a single fancy goldfish is a 20g long but a moor would eventually even out grow that. I'm assuming he is quite small at the moment so the 10g could work for the (very) short term but I wouldn't suggest adding anything else.

Yes, I agree with the 20 gallon, I am trying to convince my parents to let me buy one, and with that 20 long, could I add the 5 mountain minnows, 8 shrimp, and two dojo(weather) loaches?

A 40 gallon! I am putting a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon in my desk, I really don't think I can get anything larger than a20 gallon long, so it just would not work, I don't want my Moor to be unhappy:(

Yes, I agree with the 20 gallon, I am trying to convince my parents to let me buy one, and with that 20 long, could I add the 5 mountain minnows, 8 shrimp, and two dojo(weather) loaches?

A 20g will work for now but you will likely need something bigger in the near future. The moor will eat the shrimp and may eat the minnows as well. In 20g, the moor will fully stock it. Some large interesting snails may be a better choice. Dojo loaches grow upwards of 12+inches- a 55g with sand substrate would be the bare minimum for these guys though they would do fine in a coldwater tank. Please ask if you have questions!

A 20g will work for now but you will likely need something bigger in the near future. The moor will eat the shrimp and may eat the minnows as well. In 20g, the moor will fully stock it. Some large interesting snails may be a better choice. Dojo loaches grow upwards of 12+inches- a 55g with sand substrate would be the bare minimum for these guys though they would do fine in a coldwater tank. Please ask if you have questions!
Thank you very much for the help:)
I already have a mystery(apple) snail in my 10 gallon, just had four baby's, but I'm only keeping one, so there's no other additions I could add to my tank? even if I got a 20 gallon?

Honestly, with a 20g there really isnt much. You could give the minnows a try and hope for the best! The moor will likely leave them be for now. Moors have the potential to get big. My largest two have a 55g to themselves for the winter. One is about 8-9in and the other one is about 12in. If your in the US, keep an eye on craigslist as well as garage sales- theres lots of steals and deals! Freecycle is another site to check out as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom