1st Tank 110 Gallon SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howudoen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased my first tank. It is 110 gallon SW with a 30 gallon sump underneath. The store set it up for me in my house. 4 days after the set up they put in a 10 inch grouper to cycle the tank. I am 4 weeks and 1 day with the grouper in the tank. PH 8.2, Ammonia is .25 ppm, Nitrite is 5 ppm and Nitrate is 10 ppm. I just added 150 pounds of dry dead rock and added back in 5 gallons of sea water purchased from the store. I have no idea what I am doing. Any idea of where I am at in my cycle????

Hi and welcome to AA. :welcome: I'm a relative newbie in the freshwater category, but even though u are salt, I still think you have a way to go. To the best of my understanding you are cycled when your ammo AND trites are both zero. I wouldn't think that would be different in a marine aquarium. But, if I remember your stats right, it sounds like you are on your way. It shouldn't be long before the ammo drops and the trites will just be zero one morning. You should read the articles on this forum about cycling, to understand the nitrogen cycle. Have fun with your new hobby and research all you can.

Back
Top Bottom