29 gal biocube newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbssampley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am finishing the cycling on my 29 gal. Eventually wanting a reef tank with easy coral like softies, zoanthids, and mushrooms. Can't decide on a variety of fish or damsels. I read that you should put damsels in all together at the same time to reduce fighting but I want to SLOWLY add things to not start another mini cycle. Maybe if I get 3 fish and make the last one a damsel maybe that would work. Not sure. Will start with a few inverts anyway. I got a Tunze 9002 skimmer that I haven't started yet, an inTank media basket for the back that will hold floss, purigen, and chemi pure elite. I think I'm going to need a chiller for June as we don't have an ac because of living in the NM mts. I did put too much sand in and will need to fix that at some point but not sure how to go about it. Forgive me if I don't use this website correctly, a little confusing.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398634754.492831.jpg

Welcome to AA! Your tank looks great so far! I'm not familiar with saltwater, but I'm sure someone will pop in that is. :)
What part of NM are you at? I LOVE NM, especially the northern parts like Santa Fe and Taos.
Can't wait to see how your tank progresses! I love new setups!

Thanks, I'm patiently looking forward to what it looks like this time next year. Getting older sure seems to help with the patience bit. Before I rushed things and had nothing but trouble. Going slow and doing my research. I live near Cloudcroft, NM. Love it here!

Back
Top Bottom