29 gal long - new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SNorlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I am a fairly new member. I have the following in my tank:
- 29 gal long tank - freshwater ( naturally hard water with balanced ph).
- fluval C3 filter
- heater
- small pea gravel
- large pieces of wood
- some larger rocks ( all boiled and tested in advance)
- tonnes if ramshorn snails ( sigh)
- betta ( almost 3 years old - was my first fish)
- nerite snail ( about 3 years old)
- 4 albino corycats ( 2 years old)
- various (5) short finned and long finned zebra and leopard danios - won't be getting anymore when they are gone (2 years old)
- 2 white cloud minnows ( left over from another tank) - they seem happy schooling with the danios - won't be getting any more
- 2 bristle nose plecos, 6 months old. Feed them carrots and cucumbers and algae wafers.
- 4 yoyo loaches, 2-3 months old. By the time they grow up/get bigger most of my other fish will have grown old and passed on.
- lots of plants ( dwarf saggitaria, java fern and moss, others can't remember their names right now and getting tonnes more in the next few weeks)
- weekly water changes with cleaning out the foam filter media in the C3 filter.
- monthly clean out the filter parts in aquarium water.
- weekly testing of waters to ensure all balanced. No ammonia or nitrites in over 6 months. Nitrate always in healthy zone, but still do water changes weekly to maintain comfortable levels of nitrates.
- 3 assassin snails ( which seem to be mating?!?!- not sure because only got them 1 month ago).
- every morning pick out snails ( approx. twenty) crush and freeze them for snacks for later. All of the fish in the tank LOVE their snail snacks. :)
- temperature kept between 78-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- weekly gravel vacuuming.
- every 3 months use fertilizer pellets in gravel for plants.

I think that is it, other than I have a better light on order, and will update my profile when I have further information.

Great to be here, the information on here has taught me loads over the last 3 years and ended up saving my betta twice. Thank you. Sarah ( crazy about aquariums and everything that goes inside them).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I am loving this hobby ( really becoming more of an obsession). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom