29 Gallon help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello from Arizona.. I am new to this forum stuff so just wanted to say hi to everybody. I recently bought a new 29 gallon starter kit, and i do plan on upgrading the filter and heater...any suggestions? Also, I wasnt really paying attention and just bought Floramax as my substrate. However, I really want Cory Catfish and most people say it would be too sharp. I really dont want to replace my substrate. Does anyone have any experience with Corys and this substrate? What would happen if I put Corys in there anyways? Thanks for your help.

Welcome!! :)

My opinions:

Filter - (Fluval) Aqua-Clear 70.
Heater: Fluval 100 watt

Substrate: Have never used Floramax, but I do use Eco-Complete (same manufacturer). My African Dwarf Frogs have very fragile skin and I have had no problems with it at all. BUT, I mix a few handfuls of small river rock gravel in there also. I also have 3 cory cats that live in that tank that have absolutely no problem.

Welcome!! :)

My opinions:

Filter - (Fluval) Aqua-Clear 70.
Heater: Fluval 100 watt

Substrate: Have never used Floramax, but I do use Eco-Complete (same manufacturer). My African Dwarf Frogs have very fragile skin and I have had no problems with it at all. BUT, I mix a few handfuls of small river rock gravel in there also. I also have 3 cory cats that live in that tank that have absolutely no problem.

Okay thanks a lot. This makes me a little more confident on being able to get Cory cats. Ill try to get some good river rocks too. Thanks again. :)

Back
Top Bottom