Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

55 gallon tank stock

I just set up a 55 gallon freshwater tank with seeded filtration and gravel .. I wanted to stock it around my elephant nose fish and tire track eel . I was wondering what you guys thought I should add to this tank.. Personally I was thinking a school of panda cories and maybe a school of some kind of tetras .. I would love to know your suggestions

Old 05-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi, I've successfully kept my elephant nose for over two years and have found they only do well in species only tanks. I started out with other fish with him and when he matured he became aggressive to everything, i rehomed a full community. When I bought him i was prepared for this to happen as i knew this was going to be a one fish one tank scenario. Mine won't even accept large snails which he end's up killing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 05-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #3

Yeah I've noticed my snail infestation problem has gone done significantly lol.. Have you had any experience in keeping 3 or more elephant nose fish ? My elephant nose is still only about 6 inches and he's not very aggressive yet but I would assume he will
Old 05-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep I've kept more than him together and it didn't work. A 55 is only big enough for one, mine is nearly 9 inches and has a 3 inch depth so I'm thinking of upgrading his tank soon as he's going to need it.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #5

I appreciate the honesty looks like the lfs sold me a tank buster.. It is a very cool looking fish but i need to reconsider his habitat
Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwagsbsm View Post
I appreciate the honesty looks like the lfs sold me a tank buster.. It is a very cool looking fish but i need to reconsider his habitat
I'm not being mean i think highly off the species and just wish the lfs were more educated on them. All the best with your tank

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, gallon, stock, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com