72 gallon Pre-Drilled Bowfront!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiffanylynn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new at the saltwater tank thing.. My sump is being constructed out of a 20 gallon long tank.. What kind of protien skimmer do I need?

I did a 20g tall with my 72g when I had it. The footprint is smaller and could fit in the 72g stand. The 20g long prolly won't fit, so I hope you're not using the 72g stand.

Welcome aboard. For a twenty gallon tank I would not have a skimmer. PWC`s will accomplish the same thing.

Yeah.. Ive already placed it in the stand to make sure it will fit and it does! But Im just lost in looking for a good protien skimmer that will fit... I dont know what brand or size to look for!

Partial water change. You'll still need a skimmer. I think melosu just thought your tank was a 20g (which wouldn't need a skimmer). Also you'll still need to do pwcs lol. I'm not good with skimmers so hopefully someone else can recommend one (although I hear the reef octopus brand is good).

I think the name is seaclone 100 or 150. I had the 100 on a 92 reef in the sump and only ran it daytime due to noise (aquarium was in bedroom). Anyway it did a fine job. Good luck and welcome to AA.

Back
Top Bottom