75 Gal Saltwater for my Classroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kfalk1891

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the site and I am excited to get started. I am wanting to set up a saltwater aquarium in my classroom so that my students can study and observe underwater life. I have recently purchased a 75 gal aquarium and I am trying to read up on everything else I will need to get started. Don't worry, I am not going to rush it. I am setting this up for the next school year, so I have until august 20th to get all my supplies and everything in order. I figured this would be an awesome classroom teaching tool where kids can record data and chart changes. If anyone has any input to get me going, I am open to it and would greatly appreciate it.

Do you have experience with saltwater tanks or freshwater tanks? If you're new at this I highly, highly suggest that you start with a freshwater tank! They're much less expensive and also much less prone to mistakes while still being just as diverse and informative.

I have many successful freshwater aquariums in my lifetime...that is part of the reason I would like to try a saltwater set up this time. I plan on doing the aquarium with live rock and sand.

I have many successful freshwater aquariums in my lifetime...that is part of the reason I would like to try a saltwater set up this time. I plan on doing the aquarium with live rock and sand.

Oh in that case definitely do saltwater, I just didn't see you list any experience. I can't help you with saltwater but I hope I can see how it turns out!

Many people on here have a ton of saltwater experience. I'm more on the nano sided, keeping a 10g reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After doing research, I think I may have to do a freshwater tank due to the closest pet store for saltwater being 3 hours away. I could have everything shipped (live rock, supplies, fish) but I don't know how well that would work. Has anyone ever had everything shipped like that before? What was your experience with it?

I live about the time time you from the nearest pet store let alone saltwater. All equipment hAs arrived safely, including my dry rock and ro/do filter. I always order my equipment an I've been in this hobby for about 5yrs now. Now for fish, for sure check out live aquaria, if your looking for rarer fish, Aquabid

Thanks for the info...so I should not let this deter me from my build. How do the fish hold up when they are shipped?

They will be stressed, but should be fine an come around in a day or so in. Live aquaria had a live for so many days guarantee. An for cleaners, use reefcleaners , awesome little build your own packages

Actually, I bet you could get any live gaurntee for so many days from any reputable dealer

Back
Top Bottom