A big, shouted "HELLO!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimmim7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
South Dakota (aka Flat, Cold & Landlocked)
Hi! Just joined the forum-I've been on leave from work for a few months for health reason and been obsessively researching in order to research starting up a tank again. This turned out to be one of my favorite sites for advice--and the people seemed the nicest;)
I'm on day 17 of a fishless cycle-my last tank was 10 years ago, so it's my first shot at it. It's really not going that well-i think I killed off all my happy little ammonia-coverters with a huge overdose last week. If you want the details, I posted in the beginner's freshwater forum under "Hola and Help with fishless cycle." Any help appreciated!!
But on to the interesting stuff;) I have an acrylic 5-gallon hex front with plastic (will go bigger and planted as soon as space/budget allow, probably to a 20- or 36-gallon). I'm thinking a male honey gouramis, a school of neon and headlight tetras, cherry barbs, or platies. It'll probably be 6 months to a year before I can upgrade, so I'm pretty limited in the 5-gallon.
But anyways, just wanted to say hello and thanks to the admins and contributers for all their info and the nice site!!! Jen

Welcome to AA, Jen...things sure change don't they? We did FW over 20 years ago and I want to do one this Spring maybe...and WHAT are ferts? And what do you do with Co2? WoW...Lucky for us, there are the gals and guys here with all the answers...have FUN !!!

Hi, Copepod! Thanks for the hello. As soon as I saw the word "Co2," I backed away from the planted tank idea as quickly as I could LOL! But the idea of a whole little ecosystem is too neat, and the people in the know make me feel more confident, so someday soon.... Someday, too, I would LOVE a SW reef with fist-yours sounds great! I'm jealous!

Back
Top Bottom