A new addict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loraaf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought my first tank since I was a child about 18 months ago as a Christmas present for my husband. It's a 20 gallon. We started with a few zebra danios and cherry barbs. Several weeks ago I noticed something moving in the gravel next to the glass and I realized that they were eggs. Through MUCH trial and error I now have moved my adult fish to a 10 gallon tank because I noticed another danio laid eggs last week and it was just too hard to try and get them out of the gravel. Not sure how it's going to turn out for the adults. The stress of moving them today to the ten gallon tank has made one cherry barb go into hiding and one danio was being pretty lethargic earlier but seems to be coming around. Now I'm just trying to keep my babies (I think all danios) alive. I've never had baby fish and I really want to keep them alive. Any ideas/suggestions? If you have any questions just let me know. Thanks!

First off Welcome!! To save the fry i would suggest either a fry keeper, which is a tiny mini tank that hangs off of your regular tank. or just quarantine them in the 10 gal and they should be good :)

Thanks for all the welcomes! I do admit i'm addicted! Lol! The babies are all in my 20 gallon tank and the adults in the ten gallon as the gravel in the 20 gallon is full of eggs and little fry not up and swimming quite yet.

Back
Top Bottom