Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to kangster
a real newbie

I had some goldfish back in the early 90's when i was a child and my mom mostly took care of them.

About 2 months ago the idea of owning an aquarium just hit me and i had to buy one and now i regret not getting a bigger tank.

Like any newbie would do, i think i already overstocked my tank but i wanna add more fish in to have the "complete community look" and plan to upgrade soon to be able to do that
Currently i have 12 neon tetras (asked for 9 at the store but when i came back home i found 12 of them in the bag and they all survived and grew from tiny to full grown) and 1 albino bristlenose pleco (i know my tank is a lot smaller than the ideal size but when i saw this fish being bred and sold on the craigslist, i had to get him) who has not adjusted to the new environment and is hiding under the driftwood sucking on it also in a 10 gallon tank.
I hope the pleco and the tetras wont mind staying in such a small tank for about a year and hopefully after a year or so they will have a bigger home (29 or 30 rectangle or 36 bowfront looks really cool too)

oh...the filter im using is the one that came with the "kit" aqueon 10 HOB power filter which is really quiet (its about 10 ft. away from my bed and it actually helps me fall asleep with the waterfall sound) and i just ordered filter-max sponge prefilter which hopefully will fit the uplift and i am thinking of adding hagan elite double sponge filter if it wont make too much noise
i also have tetramin pro flakes as the regular with an occasional freeze dried frozen bloodwarms and sinking shrimp pellets for the tetras and hikari algae wafer for the pleco (its been 3 days for my pleco so far and he has not eaten any...a problem maybe or simply adjusting to the new place)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7824.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	17611   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7825.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	17612  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7826.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	17613   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7827.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	17614  

kangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to nanoluvr
welcome to the hobby
nanoluvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com