About me (us)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TSRep

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fiancée and I currently have two tanks (45 gal & 20 gal). We have a 125 gal tank we haven't set up yet. We are going to build that tank into a wall in our new house. We haven't gotten it done yet because frankly, we aren't sure the best way to do it yet. Moving a tank like that isn't something you want to have to do too many times. We also don't want to construct the wall/support wrong and end up we a broken tank and lose our fish. If anyone has suggestions, we would love to hear them, especially if anyone has blueprints or plans for putting a tank in a wall.

We also have a couple of aquatic friends that we bought at pet shops in MO that we aren't sure if they are ok to have sold to us. We were new to buying fish and didn't know what to look for or questions to ask. We bought a "dwarf frog" that ended up being some kind of clawed frog. My fiancée thinks it looks like an African Clawed Frog (she likes research). We also bought a catfish that was the size of a minnow when we bought him. Now he is as big as my forearm (hence the need for the 125 gal. tank). We think it's a blue or channel catfish. I posted a question in a different forum asking if anyone knew MN's law on having him as a pet. My fiancée did call the MN DNR and left a message explaining our situation, but they never got back to her.

So all in all, we are novices in the aquarium realm. She like the exotic fish and I like more regional fish. After our big tank is up and running, we'll have 3 tanks going and one hospital tank in reserve. I thought I'd join so we have a place to ask questions and do some research. We appreciate any advice so we can keep our wet-pets happy and healthy.

Welcome to AA. We've got a lot of experienced regulars that are great at answering questions when you need help!

Back
Top Bottom