Adding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brund

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I'm new to this site and also to reef aquariums. I just started my first reef tank, 30 gallons. I currently have live rock, two occelaris clown fish, a coral banded shrimp and a bubble anemone. Last week I added a yellow tailed blue damsel fish....and later read that those fish should be added last due to their aggressiveness :( any advice? I was wanting to add a goby and a blemy in a few weeks. (everybody is doing fine right now btw).

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. Personally, I keep freshwater, so I am useless for answering your question. However, there are a lot of very knowledgable people here who are saltwater experts!

Welcome to AA! You are lucky, the Damsel you bought is actually one of the less aggressive species! They are still a bit aggressive though. When you add a new fish, rearrange you rocks, that should help!:)

Really? Cool! Never heard that....thanks
My husband wants to know if anybody know what to do to get a coral banded shrimp to move out from behind the rocks? (I'm guessing nothing but humoring my hubby by asking....)

Really? Cool! Never heard that....thanks
My husband wants to know if anybody know what to do to get a coral banded shrimp to move out from behind the rocks? (I'm guessing nothing but humoring my hubby by asking....)

Yep, the reason it sometimes works is because the fish no longer has it's territory. As for the shrimp, there isn't really much you can do. You can try rearranging the rockwork and see if he finds a new spot where it is better to view him.:)

Back
Top Bottom