Aggressive Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c_starfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!
I'm new to the forum but have had my aquarium up and running for about a year. I started out with nice little gouramis and angelfish, but ended up with a Red Scat on the (poor) advice of my lfs. But I fell in love with him and changed everything around to suit his needs!

I now have:
1 Red Scat (yes, I am aware he is a brackish fish)
2 Synspilums
4 Jaguars
4 Clown Loaches
2 Gibbiceps
1 Pictus Catfish
and several bristlenose.
Oh, and a mussel, but he doesn't really count...

I look forward to hearing and sharing experiences with you all!

35 gallons I think? There are some pictures on my profile, not sure how to add them to a thread?

This is my scat. I need to take pics of my jags in the day (it's night here) :)

Attachments

• image-4257435747.jpg
    image-4257435747.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 109
So I am not sure if you are aware of this but these are the adult sizes of your fish.

Red Scat. 12"
Synspilums 13"
Jaguars. 22-24"
Clown Loaches 12-16"
Gib. 18"
Pictus Catfish 6-8"
bristlenose 4-5"

I really hope you have plans to upgrade to a small swimming pool for all these because theres no way that will work out in the long run with a 35 gallon tank.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice and Nice Scat, but I know for sure the Clown Loaches will need a 75g tank at least. I am not sure about the other fish though. :) Glad you could join us, this is a great place!

It's a temporary arrangement, obviously as they grow I'll either upgrade or sell them. I don't plan on keeping them all anyway, I'll either keep the scat or the jags, and I'm not keeping the synspilums. At the moment they're all juvenile and there is plenty of room for them.

c_starfish said:
It's a temporary arrangement, obviously as they grow I'll either upgrade or sell them. I don't plan on keeping them all anyway, I'll either keep the scat or the jags, and I'm not keeping the synspilums. At the moment they're all juvenile and there is plenty of room for them.

Ok just making sure cause that's allot of fish!

Yeah, I have a friend who breeds cichlids, and he gave me the jags and synspilums in an attempt to tame the dominant Scat by overstocking the tank. His words, not mine! I've gotten rid of some already... I'm selling the 2 synspilums that are left ASAP.
At the moment I just have to keep on top of the water changes and I upgraded my filter system.

Back
Top Bottom