Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
All started when my wife wanted a Betta fish ( Greetings from Toronto Canada)

Okay guys , Just wanted to say hi.

So , it all started when my wife wanted a Beta fish that follows your finger which her co-worker had. So , I got her a Beta fish and next day I found a nice deal on a tank which I picked up for $75.00 , came with lighting and a few cheesy decorations and background which I removed except the boat in the tank which I just might remove once I have a nice rock setup.

It then went on to me being more interested in fish then her , I was looking at tanks , fish videos and how to take care of fish , taking countless trips to random fish store in Markham,Scarborough and Durham area in Toronto think I drove to 8 so far in the past week and half lol.

Yes I did a clean on the tank got a Syphon cleaned the gravel , got a number of fish. levelled the gravel just yesterday to a inch in the front which I like better now.

I have a few fish now , couple sword tails , electric blue rams , some guppies , school fish and Rose barbs and ofcourse the Beta which has his own little tank again after its flare fest in the tank.

Heres the tank anyway .... still trying new things to make it look better, any new advice would be great.

Im thinking of removing gravel and adding sand . Also thinking of removing the boat and adding a couple big rocks in a nice angle.

SaifAli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Hi, welcome to the forum

Delapool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome! The hobby is addictive, you may soon start to experience symptoms of MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome )

Tanks look nice!
My tanks (so far )
5.5 gallon Planted Dwarf Puffer tank (2 Dwarf Puffers and a lot of RCS!)
16 Gallon Planted
(GBR pair, 3 amano shrimp and a whole bunch of snails!)
Nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:59 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tips? Plants!!

That's a well stocked tank; there's lots of activity in there. That driftwood is super nice it seems like a shame not to get some live plants. You may like the look a lot better after but it is more work.

Welcome to AA!
~ Alex
20 Gallon Shell Dweller Tank
"Stay fishy my friends."
Fishperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
If you only get a few live plants you dont. Have to worry about fertilizin and c02 thats in my experience anyway..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
-come to the darkside we have cookies
nightswake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:54 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
I really think you will enjoy live plants too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:16 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Don't think I saw it mentioned but have you read up on the nitrogen cycle that takes place in aquariums?

ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA! I'd get some live plants in there as well. What I would recommend that you get are Java ferns, Anubias, and some amazon swords. These plants are hardy beginners plants that you will have success with If you want to upgrade your lighting for some low-medium light plants (the stock lighting really doesn't work all that well even for those plants that I listed) you should look at this fixture for your tank: http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeRay.../dp/B00GH9HURE

High-Tech 55 gallon-10 gallon reef
2015 AA Fantasy Football Champion
Dallascowboys16 is offline   Reply With Quote

betta, betta fish, canada, fish, star, start, started, wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com