Aloha from NorCal! New to site...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonGobySista

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Aloha, Im new to the aquarium life, Ive always admired fish for their beauty etc.
I finally got a 10 gallon tank from a neighbor, I have a 30 gallon hob filter and a 10" air stone. I have a few plants and some moss. I have 2 male mystery snails, a blk and jade. 2 females, a gold and blk. I also have 8 small rosy red minnows and a common goldfish. I had a goldfish when i was really young(80s) and it was in a bowl. Since no one at.the only place that sell fish here told me how big they would really get and that most gold fish need at least a 20. I had to read it online. I got the tank and stuff as a gift and didnt really know much about it. Anyway, they seem to be all eating well, active and adorable. I do do my weekly water changes and about 50% once a month. Im going to have to rehome them all now that i am moving soon. I am planning on starting All over with a larger tank. Its good for me though because I can take my time studying on what i really want, what i can handle space wise. I am moving to hawaii so i have a plan, i just hope i can work it so I can fix it in my home.
My hubby has a 10 gallon too with a crayfish, a dragon goby and 2 blue mystery snails. Babies. We know we are overstocked now. Again Walmart didnt say anything about their dragon fish get 15" - 2ft! And that they will eventually get sick and die if they dont have a Larger tank with Brackish water. Needless to say, we do not go there anymore for any live fish. They know nothing. They claim theyve own some before, but when i read online, they were not complete or really correct at all. Im frustrated that i have all these that now need to be rehomed. I cannot afford brackish or a larger tank right now.
I was sooo dumb too, even tho my rosies and goldfish are cute, they are feeder fish i found out. I dont know how they can be feed to other fish etc. They have some cool personalites. I hope their new home wont be a feeder thing but it might be. :-(
I signed up to find out more info on everything i can. I asspire to have another dragon goby one day. I love gobies! Hopefully i can have a 75+ brackish water tank with a single dragon goby, maybe a knight goby (im finding conflicting opinions) a bunch of nerite snails. But if i get the knight goby, i know there are not many of them that can live in community tanks. So maybe an orange chromide.
Anyhow, i can go on and on. Mahalo for reading. Sorry so long! Aloha, I am new to aquariums. I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank with a 30 gallon HOB filter, 10" airstone, a few plants and moss. I have 8 rosy red minnows 1"-2", a common goldfish whos now about 3"(im gonna br re homing him in another tank when I can afford ut.

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Back
Top Bottom